Monday, January 24, 2011

I Got My Butt Kicked Today

Of all the practices, races, conditioning days, court suicides, shuttle runs, weight lifting sessions and jumping workouts that I've done in my life, there have only been two times that I've ever almost thrown up.  The first was when I was biking up South Fork in Provo Canyon, 20 miles away from home climbing up a hill and the second was today during my third set of burpees.  

I worked out today with a buddy of mine @crossfizz.  It was a CrossFit day and this was our workout:

Five rounds for time of:
400 Meter Run
20 Burpees
15 Two-hand dumbbell bent over rows, 50 lbs each

I finished it in 28 minutes...nothing impressive (some people reported finishing it sub 17 minutes), but not too bad for my out-of-shapeness.  I had to scale it back a bit by finishing the last two rounds of runs on the elliptical and only doing 12 burpess per round.  I was dying by the end, but it was totally worth it.

What a great way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment