Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Been a While...But at Least I've Been Busy

So I'm not gonna lie...it's been a while.  It seems that the holidays, work and other projects have really taken my time away from the blog.  The holidays took a toll on the weight loss and fitness and I've been busy getting back into the groove and putting myself on a good schedule.

Thanks to some friends at work, a supportive wife and an iPhone app (more about the app later), I've got to say that I've been doing a pretty good job at staying active and eating okay.  I won't say that I'm eating healthy yet, but do think I'm gaining some head way on the matter.

My days have been mixed with pick up basketball games with friends, dumbell circuit workouts at home, crossfit workouts with my boss, visits to the gym and a lot of energy trying to be conscious about my diet.  I hear that it takes two weeks to make a habit out of something...I hope that's true and I hope it sticks!

I've found that oatmeal is a great breakfast, boiled eggs are a great snack, open-faced sandwiches are great for lunch, and that most of my calorie intake is for dinner (approximately 50%).  I've got to work on that.  If I don't have a protein shake or something similar following a workout, I can expect to crash about three hours later.  I have a weakness for Ranch dressing (not the leanest of salad dressings) and that I don't really have a major sweet tooth... except for one day out of every two weeks.

Needless to say, I've learned a ton about myself and my habits these last few weeks.  I've got 5 lbs to show for it and about 42 more I've got to lose by Thanksgiving of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment