Monday, October 18, 2010

It Feels Good to be Back in the Groove

So I've been consistently going to the gym three days a week for the past month and a half or so.  I think that I've gone to the gym more in the past six weeks than I did for the two years previous.  It feels great to be back in a groove again.

Results are slow, but I've definitely been seeing and feeling them. It feels good to have the post-workout muscle pain and tension, to break a sweat and feel that burn that comes when you're finishing off a workout.

Today I did another leg workout with a buddy from work.  Today I did:

Burnout
225lbs - 10 reps
205lbs - 10 reps
185lbs - 10 reps
165lbs - 10 reps
155lbs - 10 reps
145lbs - 10 reps

Box Jumps
4 sets for 10 reps

I wish I had more time to work out at lunch, but grateful to have any time at all.  Working out my legs feels good again.  I was a volleyball player in high school and it's a great to feel the strength coming back to them.

I've still got a long way to go however.

No comments:

Post a Comment