Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cardio Push - Week Wrap Up

I'm feeling a bit under the weather today...which is no fun.  I'm hoping that I can kick this cough today so that it doesn't affect my week in the gym.

I'm noticing that the gym is becoming more and more of an obsession for me.  It's starting to feel good.  What I'm still working on and trying to get more control over is my diet.  In due time, I think that'll come however.  In terms of diet, I've learned a couple of things:

1. If you record what you eat, you're more likely to eat healthier.  I've found that my portion control is better and I'm more aware of when I'm missing out on certain food groups.  I don't think it's worth obsessing over, but it definitely has helped me.

2. Simple sugars kill me.  Enough said.

Here's what my workouts looked like this week:

Monday: Cardio
42 minutes on the elliptical - 4.25 miles

Tuesday: Crossfit Day
5 rounds of the following:
50ft lunges while holding a 45 lb bar above your head
21 burpees
The burpees killed me, but I ended up doing the workout in 22:36.

Wednesday: Crossfit Day
"Cindy"
As many of rounds of the following in 20 minutes:
5 pull ups (I had to end up doing jumping pull ups...again)
10 push ups
15 squats
I completed 16 rounds

Thursday: Cardio
43 minutes on the elliptical - 4.3 miles

Friday: Cardio
35 minutes on the elliptical - 3.7 miles

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm starting to go to the gym in the morning before work, so I'm hoping that I can do a couple days this week with two workouts.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment