Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Been a While...Week Wrap Up

So my gym membership went under for about a week (I'll spare you the details about expiring accounts, renewals and such), however I will say that I'm very glad to have my membership back.  I hated not having access to the gym...especially when it's only five minutes away on my lunch break.  It's feels good to back.

I got my membership reactivated on Thursday, so it's been a short week in terms of work outs.  Here's what the last three days looked like:

Thursday: CrossFit Day
The WOD called for the following:
7 rounds for time of:
15 kettle bells swings (55 lbs)
15 power cleans (95lbs)
15 box jumps

I wasn't feeling very good that day, so I ended up scaling the workout back to the following:
5 rounds for time of:
10 kettle bell swings (55lbs)
10 power cleans (95lbs)
10 box jumps (24 inches)

I kind of felt like a wuss for scaling it back, however, the workout still kicked my trash and made me sweat like mad.  It felt great.

Friday: Legs
5 sets of squats (10 reps) super-setted with 10 box jumps (24 inches).  I ended up doing 3 sets of 225, 1 set of 185, 1 set of 135.

After that I did sets of "side to side" jumps over a 8 inch tall, 18 inch wide box. 

It was a short workout, however I worked up a pretty good sweat.  It reminded me of the type of short quick workouts I used to do in high school for volleyball.

Saturday: Random + Cardio
4 sets of lat pull downs (wide grip) super-setted with reverse, close-grip pull downs ( 130lbs and 110lbs respectively)

3 sets of 1-armed, standing cable rows. 10 reps. (70 lbs).

3 sets of cable fly-presses, super-setted with push-ups. 10 reps of each.

35 minutes on the elliptical machine.

Tomorrow's a rest day: I never work out on Sundays...it's my day for church and family.  Looking forward to beginning another week on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment