Thursday, April 7, 2011

200 unbroken double-unders in 2 minutes. Are you kidding me?

Don't feel like you have to watch all 2 minutes of this, however, the fact that there's video proof of it is pretty impressive.  200 unbroken double-unders in 2 minutes.  That's impressive.

A few weeks ago we did a CrossFit workout that involved double-unders.  It was an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) and what limited my ability to do more rounds wasn't necessarily my stamina (however that did end up taking affect later int he workout), but more my inability to do double-unders efficiently.  I could fire of a couple in a row, but my technique was not such that would allow me to be efficient with my time (which in an AMRAP, efficiency is important).  So this past weekend, I bought a jump rope and I'm working on it.

I'm not necessarily wanting to get to a point where I can do 200 unbroken in 2 minutes, but I will get to a point where I'm efficient.  Pursuit of efficiency is what motivates me today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment