Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life Itself Motivates Me Today

Today, life itself motivates me to be active and healthy.

I went to a funeral yesterday.  The services were for the child of a very good family friend.  The child had tragically passed away at 2.5 months old.  As you can imagine, it has been devastating for the family.

While at the funeral yesterday I had a lot of time to reflect.  It made me grateful that my son was healthy, and that despite our scare and two-night stay at the hospital with RSV while he was less than a year old, he's okay.  It made me grateful that my nieces and nephews are healthy.  It made me grateful that despite health scares, my family is all still around.  It basically made me grateful for life.

That gratitude motivates me to treat and live life well.  That's what I'll be thinking about at the gym today.

No comments:

Post a Comment