Saturday, April 2, 2011

Week Wrap Up

Here's what my workouts looked like this week:

Monday: Chest
For some reason, I felt like I had gotten hit by a train over the weekend.  Therefore, I didn't feel like doing a MetCon.  We did a chest workout instead.  It included the following:
A short warm up
4 sets of Bench Press
3 sets of Decline Bench Press
3 sets of Incline Bench Press
3 sets of Overhead Shoulder Press

The funny thing about this workout, is that this is the type of workout I would have done a few years ago on a normal day.  We did this workout today because we wanted to do something "lite".

Tuesday: CrossFit
21-15-9 of
225 lb Deadlift
135 lb Overhead Squat

I ended up scaling the weight back on the overhead squats for the 2nd and 3rd round to 115 (I don't have the core quite yet) but was able to complete the workout in 10:30

Wednesday: CrossFit
Run 1 mile
155 lb clean/jerk - 21 reps
Run .5 mile
155 lb clean/jerk - 21 reps
Run 1 mile

I ended up doing the .5 mile in the middle on an elliptical machine.  As much as I wanted to, I didn't end up scaling the weight back on the jerks (looking back I'm really grateful that I didn't) and completed the workout in 41:30.  I know, not an impressive time, but I'm just glad that I finished in one piece.

Saturday: 
5 rounds for time of:
15 squat jumps
20 push ups
20 crunches
8 lunges (each leg)
7 pull-ups

I completed it in 15:10.

Wanna know what my motivation is today?  Results.
I realize that I still have a long way to go, however I am grateful for the results that I've seen.  Pull-ups have always been something hard for me to do.  Even when I was in my "prime" I struggled doing pull-ups.  For many of the MetCons we've been doing over the past few months as well as our daily warm ups, I've needed to do a lot of jump pull ups.

I was warming up the other day, and noticed that I could pump out 5-10 pull-ups for each of my 3 warm up sets.  That was a small victory for me, but a victory none-the-less.  Sometimes it's the little things that keep you motivated and moving.

If not, hopefully this will help.  I love the types of exercises that this group does.  A lot of functional movements and core elements built into majority of the workouts.


When you consider what type of physical activity this group engages in and how dominant someone like Laird is in his sport, you've got to be motivated by, and admire the type and amount of training that goes into it.

Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment