Sunday, April 3, 2011

Listen to Your Body. It'll Tell You.

So I had an interesting experience yesterday morning.  We decided to spend the weekend at my in-laws home.  Fortunately we get to do that every so often because they only live 1.5 hours away from us.  Typically when we go, my mother-in-law spoils me with great waffle breakfasts, we get to eat at my wife's cousin's awesome Mexican restaurant, and we spend a lot of time being lazy and lounging around the house.  It's awesome.  It is a great way to unwind and recalibrate my thoughts and gain my focus back.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, my body told me, "It's time to go to the gym."  I had been planning on going so that I could make up a workout that I missed on Friday due to a birthday lunch, however, I'd lie if I said that part of me wasn't trying to talk myself out of it.

I listened, went to the gym, had a great workout and had a wonderful day!  I still got to lounge around, play with my son and be lazy, but my body felt great the rest of the day.

I believe that our bodies want to be active.  They want to be used.  I made a decision yesterday morning to consciously listen to what my body is telling me.  I realize that it can work both ways however.  Sometimes it'll tell you to slow down (which is just as important at times as being active), however if you're healthy, treating your body right, and being active, I'm going to venture to guess that majority of the time your body will tell you to get out and get active.

No comments:

Post a Comment