Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Week in Review

Here's what my week at the gym looked like this past week.  It was a fun week.  I'm a bit sore today.  This type of hurt is a good hurt though :-)

Monday: CrossFit
Here's what the workout called for - 
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
30 Double-unders
15 Power snatches (75lbs)

I completed 2 complete rounds plus 29 Double-unders.  I realized that the key is to have a good jump rope for the double-unders.

We also ended up doing workout afterwards focused on our calves and rear delts.

Tuesday: Crossfit
Overhead squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Front squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Back squat 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Try to increase the load on each of the fifteen sets

My weight progressions looked like this:
Overhead: 115-135-155-185-205
Front: 185-205-225-245-275
Back: 275-295-315-365-405

I learned something during this workout: next time I do a heavy workout, I need to start heavier and make my weight increases smaller.

Wednesday: Cardio

Thursday: CrossFit
"Weaver" it called for:
Four rounds of time of:
10 L-pull-ups
15 push-ups
15 Chest to bar pull-ups
15 push-ups
20 pull-ups
15 push-ups

Pull-ups are still a major weak point of mine, so I scaled this back a bit.  I did all the reps, but did all jumping pull-ups instead of the Ls and chest to bars.  I ended up completing it in 23:45.  

Friday: Cardio + Legs
2.5 Mile run (my Nike+ didn't record it for some reason)
+ a leg workout that focused on hamstrings and calves.

Needless to say, it was a busy week at the gym, and I'm a little sore, but it feels great.  For a bit of motivation, check out this video of Jason Khalipa doing Monday's workout.  For those sensitive to language, he does cuss once toward the end (sorry Mom).  That's the only reason it's not posted on the blog.

If you want...you can watch this instead however.  The language is clean :-).  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment