Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week Wrap Up

This was a great week in the gym.  I'm starting to feel stronger and my stamina is increasing.  During a few workouts this week, I felt like I was closer to my old self than I've been in a really long time.  Much thanks goes to the guys I work out with...they really do a lot to push me.

Here's what my week looked like:

Monday - Crossfit and Cardio
Morning - Elliptical.  2.6 miles in 25:20

Afternoon - Crossfit
For time:
Row 1Km (ran .5 miles instead...not enough rowing machines at the gym)
40 lb dumbell snatch, 50 reps (alternating arms)
Row 750m
40 lb dumbbell snatch, 35 reps (alternating arms)
Row 500m
40 lb dumbbell snatch, 20 reps (alternating arms)
I did it in about 22 minutes

Tuesday: - Crossfit
Back Squats 3-3-3-3-3 reps
My weight progression looked like this:
275 - 295 - 315 - 335 - 365

We added one legged bent over rows - 3 sets of 10 (each leg) at 45 lbs.


Wednesday - Crossfit
21 - 15 - 9 reps of:

95 lb Sumo deadlift with a high-pull
95 lb Overhead Squat
I did it in 4:50 - this was an awesome workout!

We also added:
95 lb lunges - 3 sets of 8 (each leg)
450 lb leg press - 3 sets of 10

Friday - Shoulders
We did a pretty insane shoulder workout that included six or seven different workouts.  I'd rather not remember what it was...it brings back bad memories :-)

Needless to say...it was a great week.  Looking forward to hitting the gym again tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment