Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh How Grateful I am for Co-Workers

A little while ago, I posted about the importance of work-out partners.  Today, my motivation to complete a workout comes from co-workers.

For the last couple of months I've been going to the gym during lunch with a bunch of my co-workers.  I feel like I've made some progress (not anywhere near where I want to be) and I know that there's no way I would have been able to do what I've done without friends to motivate me to 1. Go to the Gym and 2. Push myself.  There are some CrossFit workouts that are a beast to finish and it's good to have people struggling with you and encouraging you to keep going.

Our workout today was:
For time - 
Run a mile
21 Clean-jerks at 155 lbs
Run a half mile
21 Clean-jerks at 155 lbs
Run a mile

My time wasn't the most impressive, but I finished it none-the-less.  I thought about scaling back the weight, but my buddy wouldn't let me.  Thank goodness he didn't because I feel good about finishing it at the prescribed weight.

If you need a pick me up, get someone to go the gym with you...it'll go a long way.  Thanks to everyone at the office who go to the gym and push each other every day.  It sure makes for a fun culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment