Thursday, March 31, 2011

Health Should Be Enough To Motivate You

Growing up, I thought that I was resilient to nearly anything.  Throughout high school and college, I rarely got sick.  I had a few injuries (threw out my back, landed on someone's foot and sprained my ankle), but nothing that you wouldn't expect from the type of activities that I was engaged it.  For being so active, I was surprised at how little my body broke down.

That wasn't the case a year ago.  I found myself getting sick more often, I was affected by recurring migraines and although I was less active, I experienced a about the same number of injuries over the course of one year than I had through two multiple years prior.  For not being so active, I was surprised at how much my body was breaking down.  I thought to myself, "There is no way that this is coincidence."

Since being back in the gym for the last 3-4 months, I think that I've gotten one mild migraine and got sick maybe once.  Despite being MORE ACTIVE than I was a year ago, and engaged in MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, I haven't experienced any real injuries.  Again, I think to myself, "There is no way that this is coincidence."

Here's to good health.  That'll keep me motivated to workout any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment