Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm Solar Powered

I think that we may finally be saying good bye to winter and hello to spring.  It was a beautiful day today.

Saturdays are a hard day for me to make it to the gym.  I get up in the morning and my son is normally awake and excited to spend time with me.  I've resorted to the fact that I'm going to have to do pretty quick workouts on Saturdays most of the time.  This morning I decided that I would just jump rope for about half an hour.

I went out on my driveway and in the 8:00 AM sun, and just got in a rhythm for about 30 minutes.  I did some sets of 30 double-unders, jumped to the rhythm on my iPod and just enjoyed my time in the sun.  It was invigorating to feel the sun on my face and back as sweat poured down my face toward the end of the 30 minutes.  

I needed to help our local church's youth group aerate a bunch of lawns today as a fundraiser, so I was in the sun for a total of about six hours.  I'm fried and red (thank goodness my Hawaiian blood turns that burn into a pretty nice brown), but it was totally worth it.

I'm so excited for warm weather.  In the words of a friend of mine, "We truly are solar powered."  Being in the sun just makes me want to stay active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment