Sunday, May 29, 2011

CrossFit Games Regional Highlights - Day Two

Day Two Highlights from the Regional Competitions for CrossFit are posted on the CrossFitHQ YouTube account.  If you haven't watched them you...you should, they're intense.  I am amazed at the sheer strength and competitiveness that exists.  I hope that one of these are close to me next year so I can be there in person to watch.

Again, there are a lot more videos posted of Regionals, however this is my favorite one from Day Two.  The end of this video is awesome!  Great competitive spirit.

North Central Regional CrossFit Games 2011 Highlights - Day Two

For a little more insight into what these athletes put themselves through on Day Two.  Here is the workout schedule.

Individual Workout 3
21-15-9 of:
Deadlift (315/205 lbs) (male/female)
Box jumps (30"/24")

Individual Workout 4
For Time:
100 Pull-ups
100 Kettlebell Swings (24/16 kg)
100 Double-unders
100 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs)

The team workouts are similar, however more reps/rounds and split between team members.  To all the athletes competing in the games.  I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment