Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out of Commission

c/o http://junebugvshurricane.wordpress.com/2010/02/
This is how I feel today.  Old and beat down.  I haven't been to the gym since Monday and prior to that, Thursday.

Monday night I went to sleep early with a pretty bad migraine.  I hadn't gotten a migraine in a while, so I kind of suspected that something was awry.  I woke up the next morning with a pretty bad sore throat.  I went to work both Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn't go to the gym because it hurt to breath too hard.  I debated staying home, but had a few pretty important projects to work on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Late last night I decided that I'd take today off to recover.  Got up this morning and felt about as good as this car looks, and decided to go to the doctor's.

Diagnosis: Strep Throat.  Looks like I won't be very active over the next couple of days.  I really don't like being sick.  I think that it annoys me more than, "Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?" But if I must be home, at least my son is cute, my wife is great and my bed is comfortable.  Hopefully I'll recover soon so I can get back to the gym.  I hate this feeling of inactivity I've had for the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment