Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Dilemma

I'm Polynesian.  I'm big boned.  I have a slow metabolism.  I love to eat.

You know, I've always been a big guy.  In the words of my sister, "You know you were always the chubby and awkward one, right?"

See why I really have no reason to complain?
I have this dilemma.  I love to go to the gym and stay active, yet the Poly inside of me eats like a Poly.  I'm also part Japanese, so you combine Japanese food with a Polynesian appetite...you get the picture.

It's an awfully fun dilemma to be in.  I really shouldn't complain.

In all seriousness though, in my efforts to be healthy, finding a balance in this dilemma will be one of the most important things I do (and biggest battle I'll face).  The reason I'm thinking about it now is that my parents are in town.  When the family gets together, we have great food and I eat more than I normally do.  After this week, I'll probably have a pound or two to shed (but it will totally be worth it).

After a weekend like this, I definitely have to hit the gym hard this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment