Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inactivity. That's What Motivates Me Today.

So you'll notice that I haven't posted in a week or so.  I was on a business trip in Phoenix for a few days, and I spent the last few days of the week catching up on things that came up while I was gone.

I was only able to make it to the gym three days last week.  What's funny, is that 6 months ago that would have been an amazing accomplishment for me.  Now, I feel let down.  That's a good sign right?

Well that feeling of "inactivity" is what motivates me to hit the gym hard this week (and what motivates me to get back to blogging).  I learned a couple of things this week while on my business trip:

1. I love really good Mexican Food.  Man, Phoenix has great Mexican food.
2. Pro baseball games are a blast.  I got to go to my first MLB game while in Phoenix.  It was a blast, but the food selection isn't the healthiest.
3. It doesn't matter where you are, being active feels great.  The hotel we stayed at had a very small "exercise center".  30 minutes of cardio, 100 push ups, 100 squats and 100 crunches later, I felt ready for the day.  I've often found it easy to blame my surroundings for not working out.  I realize more and more how much that really isn't the case.  You can find something active to do nearly anywhere you are.

Well...thanks for listening to my jabbering.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment